January was a month full of INSANE!
In case you missed it, I celebrated a
Milestone Birthday in Bavaria before returning home only to turn around and help my mother celebrate hers on a
cruise through the Eastern Caribbean.
Though the first trip had been well planned months ahead of time, the second was rather spontaneous- which is unusal for this Capricorn.
It was a whirlwind of revelry, friends, family and new locales.
And I am beat.
CAM asked if I was going to blog about those travels, but I think the answer's going to be, 'no'.
I'm trying to keep stories here Shire-centric and though I'd have lots to say about the last few weeks, they really aren't suited for this forum.
So I'll just leave you with a few photos from those trips while I catch my breath and focus on next week's entry, which should be a little closer to home.*
[You'll also notice these feature SSS heavily since I'm the Bday girl!]
 |
| Arrival in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany; It's a long ass flight |
 |
| While CAM purchases sunglasses at the PX, I check out the local offerings |
 |
| Hike in the Alps, specifics unknown |
 |
| This is what Sally OMalley looked like 1-14-14 |
 |
| Off to CAM's birthplace: Augsburg |
 |
| Innsbruck sushi joint also offered up the elusive wifi |
 |
| Skiing in the Alps- something I never expected to be doing |
 |
| Apres-ski baboushka beer |
 |
| The scenic 1/2 hour walk up was invigorating |
 |
| It's important to honor their memories |
 |
| CAM & I w/ hosts most excellent- Riley & Amy (and Petzi behind camera) |
*Looks like this might be a 2-parter, after all since these are from the first trip only.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?