Since Fifth grade on, I've never been one to really want to whoop it up on my birthday, 21 included.My self-assessed arrested development is at about 16 (at least I can drive), so the long years following this actual age haven't gotten any easier.
Ogden Nash says, “You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.”
And Boy Howdee! That's me!
Ten years ago, during another milestone crisis, I hid away in Amsterdam coffee shops, which was super cool and helped to ease the pain.
This year, CAM & I are finally taking up an ex-pat friend on her invitation to visit (which also happens to be where he was born.)
I'm only along for the ride: the actual planning, sight-seeing and touristy things I leave up to them.
My only wish is that I don't break a hip on the Alps.
And cake.
*Further blog entries upon our return.
**And a special shout out to Mimi, without whose bequest this trip would not be possible. I know you know we know your spirit travels with us. Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?