Or Christmas, Solstice, Hanukkah, Krampusnacht, Boxing Day, Kwanza, St. Stephen's Day, Festivus- whatever you do or don't want to call it, hence:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
I so needed to ratchet up the spirit that I willfully kept the radio tuned to the station playing xmas music 24/7, tho' I can tell you after awhile I was pretty disappointed in the DJ's lack of inspiration.
I mean, I love 'White Christmas' as much as the next person, but instead of playing that every hour, what about some other classics? Or obscurities? God knows there's a shit ton of holiday music out there to choose from.
Nonetheless, as I've stated before, it's not officially xmas until I hear the Hallelujah Chorus.
And tho' I've got the Philadelphia Orchestra and Mormon Tabernacle Choir's CD on a loop today, that all too familiar gem came early in the month- from a tuba band!
What a pleasant surprise.
(insert photo of the mini Hult Center concert here)
Here at Chez StanMinn, we are very much looking forward to doing very little this long holiday weekend.
I see some mimosas and boozy egg nog in the future along with a fancy looking table of snacky bits, because who wants to cook?
But if I change my mind, I'm all prepared with ingredients for a more traditional dinner and treats.
I've had a particular hankering for my childhood frosted cookies and if properly motivated by my sweet tooth, will bake some soon.
A trip to the coast held some appeal, despite the deluge we've been experiencing for well over a week now (Flood warnings! The skies are certainly making up for this summer's drought.) as we've not been out there for months.
Not being able to stand it any longer, we did catch the last showing on the 24th of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' 3D. Very geeked all the way around- well done movie, reasonably priced tickets and the theater wasn't at all full.
Yet, the warm fire, snugly throws, purring kitties and 'A Gift From Bob- James Bowen' are having a strong pull in not leaving the house.
I include a LINK to this blog entry from a few years ago, because it remains relevant, maybe too much so in light of the recent political horrors which only seem to exacerbate daily.
People, if there is one wish I have for you at this time of year, it's the one I've shared annually, and that is please, for the love of all things holy and otherwise-
please DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU
Peace. Light and Love from Chez StanMinn
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZMmThu2ct2LCXg
No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?