StanMinn Homestead Oregon Country Fair Weekend 2015
It's come and gone in a flash again this year and it was all we expected and then some.
My response to a newcomer gushing about the great experience, "It's only as good as the guests." couldn't have been more accurate: we had an exceptional gathering of folk this year.
Perhaps I'm slowing down with age, or maybe it's because there were different groups of kiddos able to entertain one another, but this year was very chill.
Despite hauling the games and crafts out, we adults did very little other than chew the fat around the campfire- which seemed to burn 24/7 thanks to our collection of winter blow down.
(Also supplying tools, axes, saws, etc. was appealing to those wanting to test their lumberjack skills.)
And needless to say, copious partying well into the wee hours.
To help ease the letdown of the event's end we anticipate with such enthusiasm annually, plans are already being formulated for a huge blow-out next year.
2016 will mark the 20th Anniversary of Fair for CAM & me!
Talk about feeling old...
Our teeny backyard creek ends up at the fair site.
Above photos all taken at the 6 acre new area; below is the completed totem at Ritz Sauna
We made a vendor friend last year and she invited us up to the loft above her booth at the top of The Eight, making me feel special; below is a pic of a Polaroid some kids took- I guess they're being made again but smaller.
I always throw together my costume at the last minute and default to this wedding dress crinoline I tie-dyed years ago with different accessories variations. Should have checked the straps on these wings, the elastic had basically disintegrated.
There were very few SHOW pix I managed again this year, so soon I'll post from other attendants to show what it looked like thru' their eyes.









No comments:
Post a Comment
What say you?